"Common State" (Excerpt) By Carol Chan (Singapore)

抄寫及攝影:呂利康(新統計三)



"Common State" (Excerpt) By Carol Chan (Singapore)


What is it I'm fishing for

if not difference. What is there

but the hope this lack of fire,

these safe words will lead us

to what we cannot yet expect,

but expect to find.

Are we on the same side of the question,

or are you tracing a common state

meant for no-one but the future you think is possible,

the one I do not see. The moon tonight is an earring.

Why am I here wondering why I am here

with you in this dead silent country,

fishing, when what I want is to drink all this

air, and what I need is what is left after the fire,

not safe words or careful dreams of light.
"Common State" (Excerpt) By Carol Chan (Singapore) "Common State" (Excerpt) By Carol Chan (Singapore) Reviewed by 書寫力量 The Power of Words on 11月 21, 2016 Rating: 5

沒有留言:

技術提供:Blogger.